Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Quotes

I've never made any picture, good or bad, without paying for it in emotional turmoil.
W. Eugene Smith

Passion is in all great searches and is necessary to all creative endeavors.
W. Eugene Smith




Tomoko Uemura in Her Bath
Minamata, 1972
W. Eugene Smith
-------------------


My favourite thing is to go where I've never been.
Diane Arbus

--------------------
My work is intensely personal.
Andres Serrano

My use of the medium - photography - is in some ways traditional.
Andres Serrano

--------------------
It has never been my object to record my dreams, just the determination to realize them.
Man Ray

Of course, there will always be those who look only at technique, who ask 'how', while others of a more curious nature will ask 'why'. Personally, I have always preferred inspiration to information.
Man Ray

--------------------
Photography helps people to see.
Berenice Abbott

There are many teachers who could ruin you. Before you know it you could be a pale copy of this teacher or that teacher. You have to evolve on your own.
Berenice Abbott

--------------------


Whether he is an artist or not, the photographer is a joyous sensualist, for the simple reason that the eye traffics in feelings, not in thoughts.
Walker Evans


It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long.
Walker Evans


more later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home